Different Types of Breast Cancer
Non-invasive Breast Cancer
- Ductal Carcinoma In Situ (DCIS) – preinvasive
- Lobular Carcinoma In Situ
Invasive Breast Cancer
- Invasive Ductal Carcinoma = Infiltrating Ductal Carcinoma – Most common breast cancer accounting for 50-75% of all breast cancers.
- Invasive Lobular Carcinoma
- Tubular Carcinoma
- Mucinous (colloid) Carcinoma
- Papillary Carcinoma
- Medullary Carcinoma
Special forms of Breast Cancer
- Inflammatory Breast Cancer (IBC)
- Pagets disease of the Breast – those who present with a mass at time of diagnosis most often have more advanced breast cancer.
- Metaplastic Breast Cancer